Monday, November 20, 2006

What I Love About The Church

You know, when we look around at the Church as a whole sometimes we can see many things that sadden us. That can be depressing...unless you look at the Word of God.

There we see in Revelation 17:1 the unfaithful church, and in Revelation 21:9 the faithful church, the Lamb's wife. I love to take certainty in the inevibility of it. The great thing is that we know who wins. Christ will have a spotless Bride, that is unfailable, inevitable and certain. The Church can look as motley, weak and confused as anything, yet Christ will have His Bride.

False prophets can preach false doctrine and drag away souls from the true faith and yet Christ will have His own. The greater the gates of deception that are built, the greater glory God will have when they are stormed. The truth will have to be contended for as never before in the coming days, but the truth will prevail. I can take comfort in that.

Even if friends of mine veer off, or even if I were to veer off the truth would still prevail. That effects me in 2 ways: firstly, it encourages me to make sure I am on the side of truth, that I walk with God. Secondly, it means that I don't have to worry about the state of other areas of the Church, I just need to tend the area God has given me. I just need to be truthful and honest to those in my sphere of influence.

Glory to the Lamb of God!

No comments: