Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mwanza Trip

This morning Dad and I left at around 7:30 for a church in Mwanza just a few kilometers away from the Mozambique border. It was a trip to present one of our former students his Bible School certificate.

I had known that I was going to teach Sunday School that morning for the whole week and spent a lot of time studying with absolutely nothing coming to me until last night. Then I felt to speak on the first few verses of Isaiah 56, but having read those through I had few thoughts but no outline. Part of me actually wondered if something was going to prevent me from speaking since sometimes when I really don't feel a message that's what happens.

This morning I woke up with a headache, but otherwise was fine and read through the portion a few more times got some cross references and left. When we arrived I wasn't feeling very confident yet, just tried to pray a little and get past the headache and get a little composed and boom, they say the opening prayer and hand over to me, no song, no nothing...

My mind is saying, "uh, ok..." So I open to Isaiah 56 and read, then it begins to come together. Basically I tied in the revealing of God's righteousness with John 3:19-21 and how it is important to be doing what is right because when God's righteousness is revealed then it is like drawing a line in the sand and it becomes clear which side we are one. Then I spoke a little on the Pharisees and how they hated Christ because as He revealed the righteousness of God it reproved their unrighteousness.

Afterwards, my headache was gone until around the last half hour of the 4 hour service, at which point it returned mainly do to the brain-baking heat then emminating from the roof.

It was a very good trip, and a real pleasure to give the certificate, and pray with our former student. There was even enough of a flow in the Spirit when we prayed for him that we could pray prophetically. God is very good!

No comments: