Monday, May 11, 2009

Back In Malawi

Well, I am now back in Malawi after a great trip to Uganda and Rwanda via South Africa (only in Africa do you fly a couple thousand miles south so you can head a few thousand north).

It was a great trip, I met up with my cousin Cameron, who was flying in from Singapore. We took a bus from Kampala to Kigali and did tag team ministry for 5 days in Rwanda teaching Romans to a class of 24 students. Then we took the bus back (11 hours and not fun). On the bus ride, after about 9 hours of being bombarded by repetative annoying music, one of our fellow passengers requested that they shut it off which they readily did, if only we had asked earlier...

In Uganda we had some more great times of ministry and also did some Romans highlights (We only had an hour each to cover parts of the book). Then Cameron and I parted ways to head to our homes.

It was a real blessing to meet up with a lot of my friends from South Africa in the short time I was there (not quite 2 full days).

I brought back a laptop someone donated for my dad and they let it in duty free which was a real blessing. My first order of business when I returned was to get our internet up again. Dad had been unable to get signal for 3 days. I walked around with laptop and dongle until I found signal. Today we went to check on ways to boost signal to our area since even when we are getting signal it is not very strong. We may have a solution now, we'll know in a couple days. Things are pretty much back to normal here, mom is really busy gathering info on orphan families on our list, and receiving a tenth from those we helped buy fertilizer and giving it out to others who have no land to farm or are unable to do so. It's good to be back.

No comments: