Monday, February 15, 2010

Bringing Forth Christ – Part 1 – Introduction

For a few months now, I have had a thought going through my mind that I wanted to write about. The thought is concerning the genealogy of Christ and the ones who were chosen by God to be in the line of the promises. I would like to look briefly at the lives of some of these men and women and see if there are things we can learn from them, which will help us bring forth Christ in us, since it is God’s desire that Christ be brought forth in us and exhibited in us for the world to see (Gal. 4:19, Eph. 4:11-13).
I will not be looking at each of the people in the genealogy, but I will be looking at some of the obscure ones as well if I think there is something to be learned from what we are told of them in Scripture.
I believe this study to be important because when Christ comes again it is only to be glorified by His saints, but in His saints, and not only to be admired by His saints, but in His saints. 2 Thess. 1:10 says, “When He shall come to be glorified in His saints and to be admired in all those who believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that Day.” Christ desires to be glorified in us and for all to admire Christ in us when they see Him manifest in us. When men see our good works which we do as the light of the world they will glorify our Father.

So let us see if there are key traits we can learn to help us bring forth Christ in us.

No comments: