Monday, January 01, 2007

Be Careful What You Say

I don't know if I am the only one, but sometimes when I prepare to speak I have a specific illustration that I feel to share and I just know that it's going to happen. Eg. Shortly before I left Singapore I was sharing on humility and I mentioned that one reason we should be humble is because we can't even keep ourselves from getting a cold... about a half an hour later I started getting a sore throat. I ended up about as sick as I have ever been for 2 weeks (the cough is better now, for those wondering). It's something that has happened before, there are actually some messages I dread speaking on because I don't want to experience them... on the other hand I have to speak what I feel God has, and it would be awful to speak something and not be willing to live through it.

There are sometimes I just have to say to myself as something is coming up that I just spoke about, "Well, you spoke on it, let's see if you can live it."

No comments: