Monday, January 01, 2007

Tha Faithfulness Of God

Well, since it's New Year's Eve I was thinking of writing something on the faithfulness of God... Yet another year has passed and He is still faithful. I am supposed to lead songs tonight for the watchnight service here in Erie, and I've picked out some songs on faithfulness, because I think it's one of the most important attributes of God. Imagine if God were like us, changing, unstable, mutible, we would be in trouble. God would do something for us if He were in a good mood but otherwise He wouldn't.

I love what 2 Timothy 2:13 says, "If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself."

God's overall purposes are never dependant on us, even if we don't believe He will fulfill HIs will, He may have to use someone else, but His will will be done. He does what He has promised because He is faithful, there is no shadow of changing with Him.

This verse even reminds me of a few times in my life where I had virtually given up hope, I couldn't say that I deserved God to intervene in my life at that time or even that I would have a right to ask Him to. Yet He did, He took me and drew me and lead me in the right path. Why? Even if we falter He is still faithful. That is what He is, the essence of Himself. He is faithful through and through, He can't deny who He is.

Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love,
Here's my heart O take and seal it,
Seal it for thy courts above.

Lord in this coming year may I serve You more faithfully than ever, may You steady me in the course You have set for me and keep me faithful to You both now and forever.

No comments: