Friday, January 26, 2007

The Leading of God

One thing I’ve found myself praying recently is the psalmists prayer from Psa 43:3 “Oh send out Your light and Your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to Your holy hill, and to Your tabernacles.”

It’s a cry of the soul for the fog which obscures the way to be lifted and for the beacon which ever shines on the hill of Zion to be seen by the pilgrim travelling there. Sometimes are way is unclear, and we need to cry out to see the way through. We also need to persevere and press on. As it says in Psa 97:11, “Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.” These are crops which can take time to grow, but as we continue they will grow up and we shall see their fruit. “To the upright there arises light in the darkness.”

Since I still am unsure of what my course is after my time in Malawi and since I am still seeking God for a broader idea of His plans for me on many levels, I just want to remind myself to carry on. To be patient in well doing, as Rom. 2:5-7 speaks of. If we continue patiently in well doing we will reap glory, honour, immortality and eternal life.

This is more of a personal note to myself than anything else, but it doesn’t hurt to remind myself that no matter what happens I must do what is right, if I do God will lead me by His light. Sometimes I may not feel very hopeful, but if I abandon what is right, what hope do I have? If I do what is right, eventually I will reap both light and gladness, what a harvest!

Anyway, God bless all you readers out there. May you also reap His light as you continue in His ways.

No comments: