Friday, January 26, 2007

Sunshiny Day

Yesterday dad and I worked on afixing barbed wire to posts at the top of our wall. Most of the wall had been done already, it was just the last side that needed to get done. It was the first sunshiny day we’ve had since I got here to do it in (It isn’t called the rainy season for nothing, it’s been raining bucket-loads). It was really hot and humid and now I have a sunburn in several places (including my scalp – now that I’m almost 30 my hair doesn’t cover like it used to). It feels good to have one project out of the way though.

In spite of the rain we have only had 2 power outages so far and they were of very short duration (under 30minutes). So that’s something to be very thankful for.

Tomorrow, I will be speaking to a group of teenagers from the surrounding area, I still need to prepare for that.

No comments: